skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Smashing
There was a bug on me in Relief Society, and I smashed it after letting out a quiet yelp. I could do this because it was crawling on my capable hand, within reach of my thumb. Anywhere else and I wouldn't have been able to reach it. As it was, I squished its dark guts out of its green body. Not exactly fair repayment for causing me to itch in various unreasonable places throughout church, a trifle harsh, but I saw no other choice. I wasn't about to continue hosting the dratted thing. So I killed it in the Relief Society room, on the Sabbath, and without significant remorse.
2 comments:
I tell Shay, "Bugs are welcome outside, but if they come into our house or are one us and we don't like it...then we can choose."
Nice choice.
Even though we are bug lovers in this household...except for the wasp that stung me today when I tried to throw his root beer he was sipping on in the recycling can...but I don't recall anything about not killing bugs on the Sabbath in the Ten Commandments. Or is it implied?
Post a Comment